Your key job responsibilities will include providing medical equipment repair, maintenance, safety testing and routine repairs on variety of medical and non-medical equipment such as, but not limited to: Suction equipment, vital signs machines, infusion pumps and beds. You will also be responsible for training users to on how to use and maintain their equipment according to manufacturers specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections, electrical safety testing and corrects problems encountered.
- Schedules repair and maintenance of all types of medical equipment; refers unusual problems to supervisor.
- Uses available test equipment to test functionality of all medical equipment; troubleshoots functioning problems and repairs medical devices.
- Responds to emergency calls from critical care areas; troubleshoots equipment problems and repairs hardware as needed.
- Works with equipment manufacturers on repair work and orders parts needed for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
- Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The following are common expectations:
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Intermediate computer skills required (must be comfortable with basic software programs and Microsoft operating system).
- Ability to assemble and disassemble equipment and devices.
- Experience within the healthcare setting is desired.
- Experience in electronics, computer technology, or networking desired.
- Experience in maintenance, repairs, assembling, and disassembling equipment desired.
- Experience in customer service or technical support desired.
- Possess strong time management skills and the ability to work under a deadline.
- Ability to work in a group setting and possess strong professional acumen.
- Ability to work required schedules and travel to sites.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Entry level applicants accepted.