Provides on-site support for the operation, calibration, and repair of sterile processing equipment to include steam sterilizers, cart washers, instrument washers, steam generators, ultrasonic cleaners, and more.
MUST BE EXPERIENCED WITH STERIS PRODUCTS
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintains and repairs Sterile Processing Department equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting and repairing and maintaining equipment.
- Drive customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving customer’s issues/problems expediently.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on Steris machines and related product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components. software.
- Ensure a positive customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
- Utilize technology (smart phone, computer, and related and applications) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required document completion.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Pro-actively respond to and resolve customer problems/issues. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure customer’s expectations of service are exceeded. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
- Increase company growth through identifying sales opportunities. Communicate leads to management and sales staff. Be a positive ambassador for ERD.
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance.
- Provides proper equipment operation demonstrations; instructing healthcare staff on how to use and care for equipment; answering questions; providing information.
- Infection Control – Standard Precautions: Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, sterility assurance, biological monitoring, & dress code.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be experiences with STERIS products
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer communication skills.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Customer communications experience and demonstrated ability to build positive rapport and partner with a variety of Customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Windows software. Proficiency with web technologies and navigating internet/intranet sites.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and travel as required.
- The Scientific Division requires general knowledge of GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GLPs (Good Laboratory Practices).
- If you have medical table, OR table or OR light experience – BONUS!
- Valid drivers license.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in electronics, mechanical or similar discipline, plus one to two years of related experience strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED with minimally two years’ relevant experience required.
Working Conditions & Expectations:
- Position requires routine walking, bending, kneeling, and squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, and twisting.
- Must perform work from floor level to above shoulder height. Must routinely lift/lower/carry 1 to 35 pounds (daily), occasionally lift/lower 36 to 49 pounds (8 per month), and lift/lower 50 to 100+ pounds periodically (2 per year).
- Must climb ladders and/or scaffolds and work above floor height. Must crouch, stoop or squat to work inside or under equipment, or move through low headroom spaces.
- Position requires routine pushing, pulling, grasping and manual dexterity in the use of hands, arms and shoulders.
- Walking great lengths at a time and standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in tight spaces.
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product using up to approximately 50 lbs. of force.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical equipment and patients.
- Must travel to customer sites that include, but are not limited to hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgi-centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, animal research centers, and possibly morgues. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer SOP training.
- Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs. This may include working outside of an 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM workday and weekends.
- Required to live within 50 miles of the center of the territory.
- Commute within assigned territory is compensable after the first 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the morning and the last 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the evening.
- The expectation is that all FSR I’s pass an assessment for promotion to FSR II by no later than their 4th annual review with STERIS. Continued employment with STERIS in an FSR capacity is dependent upon the successful completion of the assessment and promotion to FSR II.
- The expectation is that all SPD Equipment Service Technician I’s pass an assessment for promotion to SPD Equipment Service Technician II by no later than their 4th annual review with ERD. Continued employment with ERD in an SPD Equipment Service Technician capacity is dependent upon the successful completion of the assessment and promotion to SPD Equipment Service Technician II.